Today is Ashley's birthday. I miss her.
I wish she could tell me what she knows now... like what Lazarus (from Luke 16) could tell us.... but just knowing where she is teaches me to live acknowledging our eternity.
I think it is perfectly written in a hymn...
"When peace like a river, attendeth my way. When sorrows, like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, "It is well, It is well, with my soul."
My sin, O the bliss of this glorious tho't, My sin not in part but the whole is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more. Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, O my soul!
O Lord hast the day when my faith shall be sight. The clouds be rolled back as a scroll; The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend, "Even so" it is well with my soul."




I loved this post. But I hate that we both know what this pain feels like. One day we will see our precious sisters again!
ReplyDelete