Today I have been sad.... not stuck there permanently or deep depression kind-of-sad. Just saddened. By brokenness and sin and death....
Thinking of the brokenness of sin in the world and how people can seem to be one way and then somehow change to a completely different person. Thinking of friends and family who seem to have left their faith and families to pursue worldly passions. "The thief comes to steal and kill and destroy;" John 10:10a
Thinking of the sins that we live in and are numb to because our culture says its ok. "May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my sheltering rock and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14
Thinking of Johnny (Reason #17) and Ashley and Minnie and Bob- how I miss them and ache to see them again.
But then I remember His promises....
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10b
"For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." Romans 8:18
And I am also reminded of my own tendency...
"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned- everyone- to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6
God, please prune away the things in me that are not pleasing to you. Give me a holy passion for the gospel, your word- to know you more! Please make the things of earth grow dim in the light of Your glory.
I pray that when others see me that they see Jesus- a story written by God pointing to the Savior for His glory (Gal 2:20)- a servant of Christ and a steward of the mysteries of God (1 Cor. 4:1-2) Lord, please show me the way and I will follow.
Hey sweetie! We sure love you and your awesome family! Huggy & Mica
ReplyDelete